Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Finally, after all these years

I finally bought an iron, and even an ironing board yesterday after six years of fighting it. That's what happens when you go to the cleaners after they close and the one uniform you have has been balled up on the floor over a long weekend. I remember back in Japan when I would "iron" my BDUs by putting them between a couple pieces of plywood between the matress and box-spring. I did acquire an iron when my supervisor left, but I didn't use it much after I got the LOR because a uniform didn't dry after spending the entire day in the dryer at the dorms. I figured if I'm going to get written up for not having it ironed when I did iron it, why bother doing it. I did crease the sleeves every once in a while when they needed it though. I'm not too sure that I did much ironing in Montana since that iron got left in Japan.


No comments:

Post a Comment