Tuesday, November 15, 2005

People in Georgia don't read?

I went to buy that American Psycho book yesterday. Now, I have only seen two bookstores since I've been here. Neither one of them is a chain kind of place. One is a used bookstore in my neighborhood. Not going in there doubt they would have it anyway. I went to the one in the mall. This mall, not much better than the mall in Great Falls. It's pathetic. But, they do have a bookstore, a sad excuse for a bookstore as it turns out. It is a Wharehouse Books, that apparently means old ass books that nobody bought anywhere else. It's like the last chance for books. I'll probably just reread one of the books I have here. Or I might just take a trip to Macon, it's only about 15 minutes out. They might have a Barnes & Noble, that means Starbucks, yay.

I would like to take this opportunity to say, "Welcom IG team, we are happy to suck you off." Why? Why? Why? Oh my goodness, we have been getting ready for our big ORI, the first one this wing has had since it blended together three years ago, and I can't believe what an ass kiss fest it seems to be. We set up their "office" today, no big deal, just a few tables and a bunch of chairs. There are also these welcome packages that folders aren't good enough for. We just happen to have a book maker thing. It's one of those that has a plastic spine. In here we will have 2 maps of the base, one of which will have all of the buildings and Base X (what an unimaginative name) marked on them. It's a good thing someone thought about using photoshop for that, almost had to do 85 by hand. There will also be a map or two of the city. Of course there will be the bios of the higher ups in the wing along with a history of the wing. And we can't forget all of the supplies that they should bring with them but we buy instead. That's just dumb. I'm sure they will come up with something else to keep us on our knees till they get here. Let's not forget the "Post ORI Bash" that is planned for the Sunday after the outbrief, yeah, I said Sunday. We're waiting to see if that will be mandatory. Bet I don't go either way. Doubt they'll have a sign in roster. They might, just one more ass kiss move.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally feel your pain. Our ORI ended last Thursday, and the outbrief was today, followed by a party. The best part about the party was you got a bag of chips with your sandwich. I mysteriously fell asleep on my couch at lunch, so unfortunately, I didn't make the outbrief or the party. You can imagine how disappointed I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks to miss things like that, huh? Especially when they have those little bags of chips for free.

    ReplyDelete