Friday, November 11, 2005

Do what you are trained to do

So this week I finally got to do what I was trained to do months ago. That's right, I got to put my writing skills to the test, sort of. Wrote my first press release Tuesday and my first retirement ceremony story today. I'll finish the retirement one on Monday because the ceremony wasn't acctually untill this afternoon. The story should be published in the December issue, yay.

Finally got my travel pay, woohoo no more credit card debt. All the charges from the trip will be paid off real soon.

If you know me, you know I'm not a kiss ass. Imagine my surprise when I found out that our office is the one that bends over for DVs. There is this ORI coming up, man have we done our share of puckering up. Everything from buying supplies they should have when they get here - paper, pens, markers, the usual, and don't forget, we get to buy the coffee they will consume. The shop has put little "welcome" packets together. We are also coordinating with the local businesses to put "Welcome IG team" up on their signs accross town. It's just dumb. We even get to set up the area they will have their in brief in. Maybe one of them will break a leg and all this will be worth it.

I did tell my boss that I can't stand people today. We where on our way off base when some female cut me off. I did the thing that I do and got nice and close to her bumber and sped up even more, a couple of times. My boss told me that I shouldn't do that and I told her that she should not have cut me off. She told me I was right. Off base now and a guy isn't paying attention to his stop sign. I did stop and wasn't going to wait for him to figure things out. I pass him and speed up a bit through the parking lot. She sais "Have a bit of road rage do you?"
I said "Well, that and I have and adversion to people." "Why? don't you like people?" "I can't stand them." "Why's that?" They are retarded or jack asses." "I'm glad to know that you like us." "Y'all aren't too bad yet."


I did not think to put antivirus software on this desktop before I left. When I got the internet hooked up, I hooked it up to this one with the hopes of one day setting up a wireless network for the lap top. A week went by and I expected to get hit a couple of times by a bug or something. Tuesday night I loaded some software on here and ran it. There where fifty some-odd spyware files and six trojans. A few of the trojans where duplicates. I was not happy. After the virus check finished it was able to clean all of the trojans and most of the spyware it's self. I had to delete the rest of the files my self. Now I have a clean computer, yay!

About the lack of pics lately. I have just been too lazy to A) Take new ones B) Load said new ones onto the lap top and transfer them to the desk top C) Haven't felt like putting the software on this one. Might do it this weekend, since it is a three day weekend.

3 comments:

  1. We have a protocal office. Not sure what goes on in there though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, having Trojans is a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not those trojans, silly.

    ReplyDelete