Saturday, April 01, 2006

What a punk

It took four months but it finally happened. Last night I took the dog out and heard some yelling (not flashback guy) coming from the street behind me. Not too long after that Pedro was going crazy trying to get something on the other side of the fence. Before I could get back to try and see what he was going for he started barking. There are a bunch of skinny trees right at the fence in the yard behind me so I couldn't see anything, but I was a bit nervous. I got him back inside and while in the shower he started barking again. Now I'm a bit more nervous so when I get out I unpack the 22. I also loaded the clip. The clip is not in the gun, just next to it. I put them on the side of the bed farthest from the door. Someone had their music up across the way for a couple of minutes and I looked out. While looking out I heard a few voices. Maybe that's what he was barking at while I was in the show. Either way, I slept on side of the bed away from the door so I could roll off and load the gun if I needed to. And I locked all of the doors, including my bedroom. I figure if I don't hear anyone kick in the exterior doors, then I'll hear them kick in the interior door into the actual house and the bedroom being locked will just give me a couple of extra seconds. I made it through the night with no problems so maybe I was just a bit paranoid. Oh well, I was prepared.

Flashback guy update: He's back to yelling at nothing in his yard as of a couple hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment