Saturday, July 08, 2006

Testing out

I finished my CDCs Wednesday and have my test scheduled for Thursday. I remember back in the day when people got a month to study for the test. Heck, they even got to take practice tests that they had to pass before getting to take the real one. I guess that doesn't happen any more. I asked the civilian in charge and she said that ther are no practices, it's right to the real deal. She also said that there will be no going to see the commander if someone fails the first time. How's that? I don't know. Apparently it's not a big deal until the third failure. I might be a bit nervouse about this test. I shouldn't be since there won't be many reprocutions if I fail since people are normally kicked out after three tries and I'm leaving anyway in a year.

I also got a RIP down today that sais I'm in the bucket for a January trip to the sand box. It's not a for sure trip, they just wanted me to know that I'm on that AEF. I want to go since it will probably be to Qatar and I could use a good long tax free vacation right before I take my terminal vacation and then separate. I'm just not into the idea of not having enough time when I get back to get everything I need to get done before I can go terminal. Oh well, it will work out to be an extra damn near couple grand a month in my pocket. That money will come in handy in the real world, maybe pay off the car without hitting the pocket too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment