Monday, July 24, 2006

Another crazy day out

This morning I woke up to the dog jumping up and down because he got out of bed. It was about 11, he went out at 8 and didn't really go back to sleep. I heard the neighbors discussing the power lines going to our houses. They had been talking about cutting a dead tree in between the housed down. A little after they quit discussing power lines I heard what sounded like a hand saw. I tried to go back to sleep then I heard the branches start to fall, no big deal. Then I heard a couple fall on the roof. I decided to get out of bed since I sleep right under that tree.
Pedro really wanted out so I put on my shoes and went outside. He goes running to that side of the house. I notice a ladder leaned against my roof and see the gate open. Pedro stops and I rush to get him. That's when I seen the big pile of branches on the ground. He said he had come and knocked on the door to let me know he was going to be up there cutting the small branches so they wouldn't fall on the wires. Since Pedro's room is where the door to the house is and I kept the door from his room to the main part of the house closed I didn't hear him knock. After all the small branches came down, the lady and me carried them to the piles by the road. Yes, I helped, I was awake and didn't have anything better to do.
After the little branches where out of the way it was time to cut the main branches from the trunk. A rope was used to pull them so they would fall on the ground and not the wires. He chainsawed while I pulled. Those came down and then it was time for the trunk. He cut through it a bit and we pushed it down.
I noticed something in the front yard. I went to go look and it was what used to be a squirl. It was no longer recognizable as a squirl, except for the color and tail. It is now in one of the piles of branches.
I decided to cut the grass today. I was going to do it tomorrow but I figured that since I was already awake and productive then I should just go ahead and do it. I only did the front because the back is all dead, even the weeds. Everything in the front is dead too, except the weeds. It hasn't rained all month. That and hundred degree heat seems to kill grass. Who knew.
This was also the second time I've been to a movie alone, this month. That part wasn't too bad. It was better than last time. I also actually went to a restaurant. That part was terrible. I probably won' t do that again. Although I did get to listen to a couple discuss the conditions of a three way, if they ever have one. I'm going to get me a dinner and a movie girl I think. That's a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment