Monday, July 17, 2006

Damn near 3 o' clock... and I'm awake

There I was, trying to go to sleep. I had a headache and took some pills for it. They seemed to take a while to work. I was laying in the bed until 1:00 or so. I got up to get some water and while I was up decided to get online and see about why my lizard is about half the size it was a month ago. It, like the dead one, hasn't eaten in quite a while. I came to the conclusion that there could be a couple of reasons for this.
The first reason might be that he has eaten a bit of moss and caused himself to become blocked up. Any time that I've seen him get a mouth full of the stuff instead of a cricket he spits it out. I put together the little aquarium and put him that while I cleaned his. I threw out the moss, took out the mat, disinfected the glass, and washed his water bowl and rock cave thing. I'll have to get some disinfectant for the water bowl and cave tomorrow. I guess that I can't use the stuff I have for the glass. His cage has the clean mat, which seems to have shrunk in the dryer, in it. I also sat his little cage inside it too.
The second reason could be that his cage temperature doesn't seem to be changing from day to night. That could be because he's been in the kitchen since I lost the electricity in the bedrooms a month and a half ago. I got that problem fixed but never moved him back. The living room and the kitchen don't seem to ever be too cool compared to the bedrooms because I keep the door to Pedro's room open most of the time so he can get to his food and water. We'll see if him being back there helps the temperature problem.
If he doesn't eat in the next couple of days I read about a warm water soak to help move the blockage. Apparently he's supposed to be soaked for 15-20 minutes twice a day until it's gone. That should be fun.
Well, it's now ten to three so I think I'm going to try and do the sleep thing.

Flashback guy update: After almost a month of quiet and only occasional spottings, he seems to be back to his old yelling at whatever time of night ways. I've also seen him watching me a couple of times this week. Once, he was in a crouching position against his house. The other time he was standing up leaning agains the corner. Both times he was gone rather quickly after I seen him. I turn to see where the dog is and turn back and he's gone. It's that quick. I guess as long as he doesn't mistake me for "Charlie" I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment