Tuesday, July 25, 2006

365 Mother F*c*in Days!!

What? That's right, today is the one year mark. One more year and I'm done with all the stupid shit in the Air Force.
Today the security manager for the squadron, or whatever, wanted to know where I was born. I asked her why she wanted it. She said it was for my secret clearance. I thought I had one from years ago, I guess not. I asked her how long it was going to take to get done and she said it was going to take a while. I told her that if it's going to take more than a year, and it is, not to worry about it. She asked why. I told her that I'm getting out in about a year. She wanted to know just how much longer I have. I told her a year today. She was like if you don't get it you won't be able to get a good job when you get out. Oh well, pretend that I care.
Don't you just hate that people in the Air Force try to get you to do things that may or may not benefit you later in the Real World? Why waste my time? If I happen to stay I'll worry about a clearance then. I was able to put off getting a line badge for seven years, you think I'm going to rush out and get a clearance. No.
Also got an email that sais that everyone on my AEF will be going to Jersey, and by Jersey I do mean Fort Dix, in November for training. I sure hope I get over to the desert. I would hate to once again waste my time getting trained to not use what I've learned. I'm guessing that since I have to go train that I'm not going to the vacation spot this time. Yes, that would be Qatar.
I'll probably get on writing that SERE story that I've had to do since the end of last month. Then I probably should get on writing more so that I don't completely suck over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment