Friday, May 26, 2006

Pretty boring week

Well, this was a boring short week. Tuesday got a bit hectic I guess. In the morning, I think it was, the airman informed me that the base paper needs our stories so that a couple of their people can go on leave next week. Not a big deal since I had the Col Dryden story pretty much finished and was going to work on another one. Before lunch we where informed that we had an injured cop coming back from the desert. It might have been a story if he hadn't fallen getting out of the humvee. I did go and take some pics. When I got back to the office the civilian in charge had me and the airman sit in on a mission briefing the commander was giving to some people from another city. After that I went with all of them to the plane. It wasn't too bad but the story didn't get done.
Yestarday I had a decision time briefing that lasted all morning. After a couple of minutes I had the feeling that I had been to this just about a year ago in Montana. I stayed anyways just to see if there was any new information. There wasn't. The reserves lady seemed to want us to think that was a good deal. Back at the office I got the stroy finished and a couple of cut lines for pictures done so they could get over to the other paper.
Today was a lot of sitting around. I did get registered for class though. I'm taking Sociology maybe 200, not real sure. I have to go next week to pic up the rental book for the class.
Tomorrow is "Wingman Day" which means go bowling and not get drunk. After that I will be heading camping as far as any one here is concerned. I'll let y'all know how my trip home was when I get back. And I'm taking the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment