Sunday, May 21, 2006

The fun part

Friday we had an original Tuskegee Airman visit us. It was pretty cool to listen to him talk about all the stuff he did back in the day. For being 85 years old he is still pretty sharp and has a great memory. I was able to photograph the lunch part of his visit. After lunch he signed a few copies of his book A-Train for the people that where there. I was able to get a copie signed also.

I will probably read it after I finish American Psycho and the other two Lori got me for Christmas. I read a few things on him when I was writing an intro the commander used to introduce him and it seems like it will be a good book.

Guess my supervisor worked her last day yesterday. Seems that she is going to have TMO packing her stuff up all week and her final out is the 31st and we are off on Memorial day and the Tuesday after that here. Looks like I'll be able to do some writing now. I have the story about Lt. Col. Dryden's visit to do. The civilian in charge said that the main base paper might be interested in the story. I had a picture of a troop return in it last week. You can see it
here. She also said that it is on the internet some place. I'll have to remind her to send me the link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment