Saturday, May 06, 2006

Stupid ideas for May 5, 2006

"How will that affect your manning?" That is the question that the civilian in charge was asked yesterday after being told that my slot and the tech sergeant's slot are being eliminated. They haven't decided whether I will stay until my time is up and rotate me out or move me soon. The tech sergeant is out of here real soon so we don't need to worry about what will happen with her. I doubt that I get stationed somewhere else since I just got here. If I do leave this office I would probably go over to the base PA shop. They do have that civilian PCSing soon. Me and the boss are wondering how our paper will get done with just her and the airman there with all of the tours and DV visits we have. Not to mention all of the other extra stuff we take care of.

Every once in a while I tell myself that I need to develope a better attitude and start working but then something dumb like this comes down and reminds me why I can't bring myself to care and work the way I should be.

Oh yeah, the Air Force is looking to get rid of over one hundred of our positions. How ass backwards is it to bring all of these people from other career fields into this one just to get rid of the jobs a year later? It hasn't been a year yet since I started tech school.


No comments:

Post a Comment