Thursday, June 01, 2006

Camp Grandma's House

I made my little trip over the weekend. Although I left two hours earlier this time than last, I still stayed over in Columbus, IN. That will happen when it takes two hours to get through the holiday weekend traffic that is Atlanta. I haven't ever seen so many cars broke down in my life as I seen just between here and Atlanta. It's official, Georgia has deer. How do I know? I seen one lying on the side of the highway.
Saturday I got to my grandma's in the morning. She was watching Dylan. I went to my mom's new house to help the guy that came into town for the race finish putting the blinds up. Every year a couple of friends of my grandparents come from North Carolina for the race weekend, that's Memorial Day weekend for those of you not from Indiana. We all went to dinner on Saturday for my mom's birthday. The lady asked if I was going to stay in next year when my elistment is up and I told her that I was going to move in with them and go to UNC. She thought that was a good idea. UNC is the first choice of school if I have to get out. She's going to get me the information about getting in. Guess it's hard to get in if you aren't a resident of North Carolina and just being born there doesn't count. It's either there or IU, either way doesn't bother me. Both have good basket ball teams. I don't play, something about not being aloud to run into the other players, and you have to be able to shoot the ball.
Since I was in Indy I had to listen to the race on the radio. Unless you have a satelite you don't get the race live in town without going to a bar or someplace. That's ok I was out getting the car washed anyway. Even though I happened to catch the last fifty or so laps on the radio I still watched it when it came on the T.V. That was a nice finish. I also took the training wheels off of Dylan's bike. I raised them because I was tired of seeing both of them on the ground, he's six and has had the bike since Christmas. After he went up and down the drive way a couple of times, not balancing at all, he wanted them off. He only fell once and that was when he was turning around, but he didn't get more than two rotations on the pedals before putting his feet down.
Monday he was able to go down half of the drive way pedaling. He fell once and that was the end of the no training wheels. I had to put them back on for him. I also made it out to a movie and dinner with Dan, Shannon and Michelle. Good times where had by all that day.
The drive back was pretty uneventful. I just want you all to know that traffic jams suck. People should know many miles in advance what exit they need and get into position to get to it instead of waiting until the last possible minute to change lanes.

I'm back to work now and even though I only have two more days of it, it's going to go by pretty slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment