Saturday, January 28, 2006

Quite a productive day, almost

Today was pretty productive, for the most part, and by most part I do mean hardly at all. The day started out slow enough. Did a little work on this book that is in the office of old news clipping and back issues of the paper. That thing is tore up. Might get into that another time. About 11 I left for lunch. We had a going away luncheon for the guy going to Turkey. I went home put on civilian clothes and then went to the restaurant since the boss let us go for the day. After lunch I came home and started raking the back yard. Man, there is a shit ton of leaves back there. My first thought was to not worry about bags and to pile them up on one side and behing the broke-ass shed that is out there. I got a nice pile on the side and I was working on raking some of the leaves to the back side when I realized that I'm just making a huge compost pile and those things stink so I stopped. And I don't think that the rake is going to last too long after the yard is raked. It has quite the bend in it.

I came inside to clean the computer room of all of the boxes that where still in here, all half full. I pretty much have this room clean now, the problem is the stuff is strewn about the front room in organized, kinda, piles while I decide which pile should go in which box. I gave up on that and sat around for a couple of hours until I decided it was time to get my hair cut.

After the hair cut I went to Lowes to get a spike thing to keep my double gat from swinging open. Apparently they don't have those things at home improvement stores. I had to Homie engineer it. I grabbed a pipe and went to get a piece of round stock. They also don't cut or bend the metal rods that they sell, bastards!! The guy did show me an L-bracket that is normally used for gat latches. It's not as long as I wanted but it should work. While I was there I picked up trash bags.

Looks like I'll have to put off cleaning until Sunday since I still have the living room mess to deal with. I hope I can motivate myself tomorrow but I tend to have problems with motivation on the weekend. I am looking forward to being ouside making noise pounding that pipe into the ground though.

One more week until Lori and Pedro come down for sure so far.

Flash back guy update: He was out today, but he wasn't yelling at any thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment