Monday, January 09, 2006

Choices, choices

I went to the phone place the other day to see about a couple of things. I was told that I could change phones now if I wanted to. It's a good thing too because the speaker seemed to be going out on the one I had. I did have my eye on the Razr phone since it's on Verizon now. The guy showed me a phone with an MP3 player ability, but the buttons for that are on the outside and I'm not the best at not breaking phones. I've broken a screen while a phone was closed before. I went home to think about my choices over night. I did also look at the new VCast phone, the one with the QWERTY keyboard. I decided that since I have so many things that already play MP3s I don't need some phone, even if it work out to be free after all the rebates and things. The next day I went back and the guy told me the features of both phones. After being there for a while, I decided on the VCast. Sure, the Razr is cool and all, but the Vcast was cheaper and has a plug for hands free. The Razr is bluetooth hands free only. I know I don't need the mini SD memory card slot or the camera realy, but it was more phone for less money. I'll have to try real hard not to break it though since the whole face is buttons. I did get the insurance on it just in case this time. The keyboard will also come in handy since every one seems to think that texting is the latest and greatest thing.

Speaking of texting, I did add it to my plan just for that reason. I'm not a real big fan of sending messages because I'd rather make the call, not that I call too many people very often. There are a couple of things to remember before you send me some text message.

1. It better be funny, I mean hillarious
2. Don't text to say hey or see how I'm doing. Want to know? Make the call.
3. Don't expect me to reply, if I do don't be surprised if I call you instead.
4. You CAN text any time you want to tell me how great I am.

I'm reading this American Psycho book and I've noticed something those of you that have read it might be able to help me with. This Bret Easton Ellis guy doesn't seem to want to finish senctences or chapters. The first time I thought it might just be a typo but at the end of a chapter it seems that a complete thought was left out. Is it like that in other books or did I get one where the words fell off the page? Maybe I can call and ask.

I went to Pizza Hut the other day. If you evere wonder whether you are in the ghetto and aren't real sure just look for the sign at the counter that asks people to take off their hats, sunglasses and other things that could hide a person's face from the cameras. I wonder if that sign actually works.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the texting thing. I'd rather just talk, but I somehow seem to get roped into doing it all the time anyway. Especially when I've been drinking. Oh, and American Psycho is probably Ellis's best work, but they're all along the same vein. Expect lots of random thoughts and strange stream-of-consciousness wanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good book. Just not sure about the stoping chapters in midsentence with no punctuation.

    ReplyDelete