Friday, January 06, 2006

The trip is over

The flight home wasn't too eventful.

I surprised my grandparents when I showed up at their house. My grandma doesn't think that I told her I'd be home for Christmas. I think I did.

Dan and I went to an Indiana University-Butler basketball game. Indiana won the game but they where nice enough to let Butler have the lead for a bit in the first half.

Went to shop with my mom on Christmas Eve and the only place that was open at seven in the evening was K Mart. Wasn't there a time when stores wher open later the night before Christmas? Guess I just don't wait that long to shop most of the time.

It was pretty wet and rainy the first few days I was home so all of the snow was gone by Christmas day. At around noon the rain gave way to snow.

On Christmas I woke up and went to breakfast with the grandparents and took a nap untill my mom and Dylan came over at 4:30. There was a good amount of snow on the ground by then. The two little kids went to their other grandma's for the day. Dylan liked the mask, it changes his voice when he wears it.

I hung out at the uncle's for a couple of days and did some work. We where going to tear doors off and shelves out of a couple of closets so that we could put in new shelves and a couple of
hide-a-doors. The doors came but the pockets didn't so we tore out the closet stuff and patched nail holes around the room. The second day was paint the ceiling day. That was terrible, not sure if it was because of the decorative spackling, or the ceiling being vaulted or that we used a roller to do it. It didn't seem that the paint was covering the whole thing and there where missed spots. I guess that after it all dried it looked good. If you are going to hang out with old people and need some thing to watch, I recomend the Dukes of Hazard. My uncle seemed to enjoy it quite a bit and he's fifty some odd.

There where a couple of times that I went out with Jen, her boyfriend and her little sister to play pool. The first night me and Cheryl beat Jen and her boyfriend ten games to two. The second time Jen and her boyfriend beat us I don't know how many times to two. I quit counting after losing five games straight, think they won ten though.
Dylan turned six while I was home. All of the kids where there. Dylan got a bike that Darian seemed to like quite a bit. That's ok though because Dylan liked Darian's Etch-A-Sketch. After spending time with all three kids a few times I have one question. People have these things on purpose?

Think that's about all that happened on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment