Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's that noise?

Since I have been here there there has been this sound coming from outside, usually at night. It somtimes sounds like a dog and sometimes it sounds like a guy if you listen hard enough. Normaly there are no destinguishable sylables in this sound. I was sitting here Saturday during the day when I heard it. I went to the window and lifted a slat in the blinds to see what the sound was. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be some old guy. Imagine my surprise when he was yelling at nothing, repeating "Stop begging." He would point at his shed in the back yard there and yell that a couple of times. He would take a break to walk around the yard just to come back and yell it some more. I seen him go in so I figured it was over. Not so, he came out again to yell some more. He looks like he is old enough to have been in the war, if not the first one then the second one for sure. I just hope he keeps his flash-backs in his yard.



This weekend I decided to get my aquarium together for some kind of animal. Not wanting to get another veiled chamelion after the first one, and not wanting to get a snake because of the dog being so small, I had to choose between fish and some other reptile. It's going to be a leopard gecko or two. It's a good thing that's what I want because that is all Petsmart has. The tank has been cleaned, the stuff inside has been cleaned and I'm working on getting the temperature right. I'm trying not to have to use an under tank heating pad but if this light doesn't get the bottom of the tank up to between 80 and 85 I'll have to. I also have to find something else for them to lay under because they need something to lay under that is humid and a place that isn't as humid. The humidity helps with shedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment