Thursday, December 15, 2005

School stuff sucks, and I'm not even in one yet

Went to look into classes today. Appariently walked into the school's office instead of the education office. In the school's office I was informed that the CCAF degree didn't mean any thing in the "real world." The lady tried to get me to sign up for some kind of certification program that had classes that where needed and strangley they where the same ones needed for the CCAF degree. She tried to sell me on the fact that the classes where free due to some program. She also said that I could get some grant to pay for the books. That's weird, the military has the same program and I'm not restricted to the classes I can take. Don't mention the fact that of the seven classes, only three could be CLEPed or transferred. You can do that in any combination as long as you only do it with three classes. I will also have to take one of those placement exams to even get in. For one class? Screw you hippie. I'm not going to take some test to tell me there is stuff I don't remember from back in high school. I know that with out some test. The high school transcript is also needed. Why wasn't all of this stupid stuff needed when I took that accounting class in Montana? This is just frustrating I guess. Not to mention the fact that if you ask someone that has anything to do with the Air Force education program they tell you that the CCAF degree is worth some thing on the outside. I think we should get all of the people who decide what is accredited and what is not into one room and get this figured out. Also you should be able to go one place and be told one thing and go right next door and be told something else. Thinking that I might just say screw this stupid little degree thing and go for a bachelor's. Sure I could get a good number of classes out of the way before I seperate.
I'm going to look into some local college to see if I can get by the testing thing, and the transcript thing. Hate to get those things taken care of and it not be in time for the start of class. We'll see what happens. There's allways next semester. Probably not a bad thing since I still have to get my CDCs started and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment