Sunday, October 23, 2005

Why is it?

Why is it that places with Coke poducts either have Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pib? They are the same thing. Even within a franchise, like Mc Donald's, the one on this corner will have Dr. Pepper and the one on the next corner will have Mr. Pib. Anyone ever play the pick a drink game at a restaurant? That can be fun.

Why is it when you are driving around a new town looking for a place to live, you don't realize that you have been in that neighborhood untill you see the same house for a second time.

Why is it most houses that are decent and for rent here are three bedrooms? I looked at a house with a huge yard, that was the nice part. The inside was terrible. Couldn't tell that there was a fresh coat of paint, the wood floors where scratched to hell, the fridge had to be cleaned because meat had been left in it, and there was this smell like the bathroom floor needs to be torn up.

So now I'm living in a hotel off base. Seems that somewhere along the way the people in billeting thought that I would only be in TLF until today. Don't know how that happened. In my travels today I did find a house in a pretty good neighborhood, it seems, but the guy isn't returning calls until Friday. I might try calling the "emergency" number that's on the answering machine. If not I'll get the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment