Saturday, October 08, 2005

The trip

So here I sit in a hotel in Santa Rosa, NM. I didn't quite make it to Wichita Falls, TX like I had planned. I thought I might be able to get there today, but the night driving isn't something I like. Guess I'll just take till Sunday to get home. Not a big deal.

The My Chemical Romance show was good. Curtis didn't get to go though. He got called into work.

Angela and the family are doing good. The kids are pretty neat and the husband is cool too.
Too bad I didn't get more time there. I ended up driving back and forth on the highway through Vegas.

While on the highway I looked up to check the signs and make sure I was in the right lane when the car in front of me slammed his brakes causing me to slam mine. It's a good thing I don't drive too close behind people. It was not fun watching the guy behind me try to slow down in time, he didn't hit me. The car infront of me slammed his brakes a second time so as to not hit a box of ceiling tile that had fallen out of the back of a truck. I however, could not get over so I had to drive over them. I slowed down enough to not cause a big problem, just a bit of a bump in the ride.

I didn't like the drive accross Hoover Dam. Could that be slower and a bigger pain?

Today I got to go through a border checkpoint and not even cross the border. No wonder the illegals are getting into our country, we don't know where the border actually is. Guess that is about all for now. I have to map the rest of my trip thanks to this delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment