Thursday, October 20, 2005

Done travelling

I made it down here to Georgia last night. Took about 10 hours to get here with traffic and stopping to eat and get gas. Speaking of gas, the total, not including filling up while driving around Indy, it cost $318.29. The cheapest place was in Indy coming in at $2.39. The most expensive tank of gas was $3.50 in Williams, AZ.

While home I got to see most of the people I wanted to see.

Dan and Shannon are doing good, they are building a house near Noblesville.

I got to see Dave this time. Got to meet his new wife too.
















I also went to Nate and Danielle's weding Sunday. It was a nice wedding. Kinda surprised it was normal actually.


Today I started work. I tried to call the shop so that someone could show me how to get there. After about an hour of not getting through I decided to find it on my own. I drove around until I seen a building with my wing's number on it, then I drove around until I found a parking spot.

I got to the building and found the orderly room. The lady there told me that the office I was looking for was across a personel bridge and on the flight line. She made it sound pretty close so I decided to walk. That was a bad idea. I walked around an area of the flight line a couple of times and didn't find it. There where a group of cargo planes a bit further down so I walked towards them. That wasn't where I needed to go either. The guy I talked to gave me directions. I started walking some more and was pretty close to there the road crosses the flight line when a captain pulled over and picked me up. As it turnes out, it was still quite a bit away. I finally got to the office and did nothing. I couldn't in process because the base is getting ready for an ORE tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to in process and set up my email account by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment