Saturday, September 10, 2005

Waiting



For the past week I've been waiting for the e-mail to start outprocessing. I got that e-mail yesterday.

I go to the site and print out a checklist and a security clearance letter it sais I need to get orders.

In the orderly room, where I took the security letter, the guy was a little confused. Apparently there was no mark next to any of the levels. He is looking into what needs to be checked.

After the orderly room I went to readiness to get my M-16 and Self Aid and Buddy Care training signed off. After 20 minutes I got them signed off. These people where confused about this paper too. They where also kinda confused about the new online thing they check off.

Instead of doing anything else with the check list I decided to go to Outbound and see what was going on.

I told the girl about my experience with the paper. She told me it is a squadron checklist for the base. I know "That makes no sense." I asked her what the point of my squadron's checklist was. She said it is for the squadron, and that the other one I had, making three, needed to be printed out and brought along with the other two to my final out briefing.

"So, I have three checklists of basically the same thing?"
"Yes, I know it seems kind of repetitive."
"More like redundant."

I can't do anything with these checklists untill my orders are cut, two weeks from now. I was hoping to have some time off and call it outprocessing time. Guess I'll actually be doing stuff my last couple of weeks here.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, out-processing totally bites. I think I'd just rather have the old fashion photo-copied checklist instead of the new online BS. It's supposed to make it easier, but it's anything but. Good luck. I hope you still get to make it down to Utah.

    ReplyDelete