Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Closer to becoming a local

Well, it has taken almost nine years, five days short to be exact, but the Air Force has finally won the fight to take out my wisdome teeth. I did put up quite the fight. I may have even laughed at the dentist once or twice when it was suggested to have them pulled by an Air Force surgion. Thanks to cut backs and aircraft appropriation efforts Robins has no Air Force dental surgions and I'm going off base. Figured since one is impacted and another is cause a sensitivity in others I should get them out, especially since an Air Force hack of a dentist isn't doing it. That's right, if I was staying on base for this I would keep refusing to get it done. It's bad enough I was bamboozled and am getting the two pulled and the two not causing any problems at all cut out. Hopefully since it is a civillian doctor that I'm told does this all the time he won't jack up my nerves around the teeth like so many military dentists seem to do.

That's really all I'm worried about, that and any other kind of stuff he can mess up in there. I'm looking forward to being IV'ed and drugged up for three days.

I' pretty well stocked on the ice cream and other foods I don't have to chew. It was a bit weird buying the ice cream since I don't ever really get the urge to buy it aside from the occasional Ben & Jerry's. I was like that's enough. No, I need more. No, that's enough. Think I have plenty to last through the weekend.

Maybe I'll go see Tropic Thunder while I'm drugged up this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Not fair you went to a civilain dentist and I have to go to an Army one for my dentist visit on Monday. Wish me luck my dear, I hope the drugs work better on me then they have on you!

    ReplyDelete