Thursday, September 21, 2006

Training records don' t mean a thing

This morning I was in the office, not hating the world too bad... yet. The Colbert Report was on and I was eating my fruit cocktail. The Senior Airman said that I needed quotes in my softball story. Not only quotes to make the story longer, and I guess more interesting, but to atribute the wins to someone. What? The fact that the teams won the games are the facts, you don't atribute those. I informed him of that. Then he wanted different words for things, that I can do. There where no scores in it, I have no scores, I'm waiting on scores.

I called retention and was told that my CJR, that's what the higher ups use to tell me I still have a job to reelist to, is good and all I have to do is go in and raise that right hand of mine. Don't go getting all excited yet, I still don't think that I'm going to stay in any longer than I have to.

I decided that I'm tired of not having my training records done at all. I think the most that's on them is my name and career code. The unit doesn't have a real training monitor or whatever. They are "interviewing" people. People get interviewed? Isn't that an AFSC? Anyways, the civilian in charge and I get into a bit of a shouting match because she tells me that the 623s don't mean anything in the upgrade training world. All they are good for is to keep the squadron out of trouble durring unit compliance inspections. What? That's bull shit. For six years the civil engineering squadron pushed the shit out of having them updated and signed off. Some may or may not have been pencile whipped for people. Why would they have been whipped? Because you had to have your core tasks and whatever else signed off to get your next skill level. Back then you could do all your CDCs and your OJT and get your time in and you wouldn't be able to level up if you didn't have those training records right. Those were important for deployments because they told the people you work for in the desert just how trained you where.

I guess those records are just a technical thing. Technicaly you are supposed to have them filled out, but if you don't, oh well... until the UCI. We are coming up one one of those in June. The civilian in charge looked it up and some how they aren't important. What the fuck? So these are just one more thing the Air Force came up with to give us problems?

She is going to have someone from the main base PA shop come by Monday and go through them with us. After that, some guy in the maintenance squadron is going to sign off on them. I don't know how that is legal either, but what the fuck ever. I have 305 days. If it wasn't for me needing those for the deployment I would care less. I don't need my five level in the real world. I did get what I wanted though, kinda. Not going to be legit I don't think, but I'll have them updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment