Friday, September 01, 2006

Rules for visiting Homie


1. If I say that you can come, don't ask if I'm sure over and over. You will be told not to come the fourth time.

2. Chances are I won't take leave while you're here. So if you want to spend every minute of every day with me come on the weekend.

3. I'm not going to hold your hand while you plan your trip. We'll discuss the days you'll be here. You come up with flight times. I don't care about what airline you take or what layovers you get.

4. I'm in Warner Robins, that's an hour and a half from Atlanta. If you just have to fly in and out of there be prepared to fly on a day off. I will not drive the three hours, not including rush hour traffic, round trip to wait however long it takes to get your luggage and home if I work that day.

5. Flying out? Your flight won't be before 3 p.m. To get you on a 3 o'clock flight, I have to wake up at 9:30, and that doesn't include time for breakfast.

6. I'll pretty much do whatever. But don't plan on being on one end of the state one day and on the other end the next. Plan the length of your trip accordingly.

7. If I tell you taht we won't be able to do everything you want, don't assume that I don't want to do any of it. Decide what you want to do more and that's what we'll do.

Follow these rules and make your trip as painless as possible and we'll have good times.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take these into account next time I come through Georgia.

    ReplyDelete