Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 World Series of Poker

Tuesday I leave for Vegas, and a shot at a World Series of Poker bracelet. No, I'm not playing in the main event $10G tournament. I'll be in the Event #30 No Limit Hold 'Em $1,500 buy-in event. It is a three day tournament. Looking on wsop.com, the last $1,500 tournament had 2,500 entrants. I expect there to be closer to 3,000 for the one I'll be in. I figure making it to at least the money will be cake.

I haven't played a live tournament since October, and I haven't played live at all since I lost a nice chunk in New Orleans in March on a cash game. I have been practicing on Full Tilt the last couple of weeks and I've done pretty well, on the two and three table sit-n-goes.

In an attempt to keep money in my pocket I will not play any cash games there. I need practice so I will play sit-n-go tournaments. They are usually just on table, 10 person events, and quick money. I'm also having people over this weekend to get practice before I go. 

I will update on Facebook during breaks. The start time is 12:30p.m. on Wednesday and 2:30p.m. local Thursday and Friday, so the updates will be afternoon and evening. I'll play 11, maybe 12 hours each day, so be sure to check in the morning for a run down.

The length of time shouldn't be a factor since I'm known for playing upwards of 16 hours at a time. 

I just hope that I can luckbox and make the right moves at the right time to take the whole thing. We shall see.

Homies helpful hint: You can find me on Full Tilt as doGmaI777

2 comments: