Tuesday, November 28, 2006

You need what?

Today I went to my unit deployment monitor to see if she had heard about my deployment. There it was, in her three ring binder. I don't know how long she's had it or when she was going to tell me about it. I also asked her who I talk to next about all the stuff I need to get done. Yeah, she had no idea. So, I call the base personel readiness unit and they say that all they do is cut the orders and I have to go to my UDM for the other stuff. I go back and tell her, she starts to look a bit confused. She gets on the computer and finds a checklist, not the one I need. She finds some thing else. I already have it. So she finds some thing else. It might be right but I have to do a couple of things before I get the tickets. Why can't all squadrons be like CE when it comes to deploying? Why can't my UDM know what she's doing? She gets paid just to do that. It's days like this...

Instead of starting my trip home tonight, I have to go in and get these tickets taken care of. The same tickets I could have taken care of before I went to Jersey if things where done right. I sure do hope that I get them before noon tomorrow. I plan to be out of town by that time so it gives them four hours. Then again, it is the Air Force.

1 comment:

  1. It's been quite a while since you posted. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete